We introduced a technology for welding manganese crossing and steel rail, with the aim of accelerating trains’ speed, saving labor for maintenance works of turnouts and reducing noise.
Effects of flash butt manganese crossing
- Noise and vibration are outstandingly reduced by the method for welding manganese crossing joint and steel rail joint.
- limination of kick of a wheel on rail joint contributes to improve riding quality and to restrain deterioration of sleepers, which as a result saves labor for maintenance works.
- By eliminating recess on the welding joint part and by sloping the transition zone in two stages to better fit the wheel, the passage over a joint is smoother than ever.
A welding technology excellent in reliability and durability
- The welding method is computer controlled flash butt welding of high quality.
- The process consists of two steps, welding manganese crossing and steel rail with an insert (Maustinox®) between them.
- The welding method and the insert were developed by French manufacturer Outreau Technologies.
- Welding process is carried out by our operators having the flash butt welding certificates issued by Outreau Technologies of France and JR East.
Results in Japan and abroad
- The item has been installed on JR East’s main lines since December of 2011.
- Railway business operators other than JR East also have adopted the item.
- More than 36,000 units have been installed in Europe. (result achieved by Outreau Technologies of France)